vrijdag 21 november 2008

Train in a package

Just 5 days after ordering from PlazaJapan, today I received a package which contained my first T-gauge item, a 4-car class 103 EMU in emerald green livery. Shipping was said to take about 7 to 10 days so I was really surprised to receive it this soon!

My first reaction? Wow this stuff is really really small but seriously cool! :) I'm really looking forward to building a T gauge layout. I'm playing with some thoughts of building a compact Japanese urban layout, about which I'll tell you more soon.

Some photos:



A detail of the small couplers and absolutely tiny pantographs:


In the 450x bigger world, these commuter trains operated on the Jyoban line and on the Narita line in Japan. A nice video on YouTube shows them not only operating on urban railways but also on single-track rural lines.

Geen opmerkingen: